RESERVATIONS AFFECTED BY COVID-19
All new reservations confirmed will be monitored in relation to the on-going situation and will be given flexibility around the cancellation policy.
For guests with dinner reservations, the restaurant and bar will be subject to the curfew of 10pm restrictions. Our reservations team will be contacting all guests to amend their dinner reservations in light of these restrictions, please kindly wait for the team to contact you directly. We will be doing all that we can to ensure your dining experience is uncompromised. If you do not receive a call from our team, your reservation remains the same.
Dinner reservations will now be available from 5.00pm to allow for early dining at a relaxed pace. Our tasting menu will be available for tables until 7.00pm however guests will be unable to order this menu past 7.00pm due to the time taken at the table to enjoy this experience. Last orders for the restaurant will be at 8.00pm with last bookings taken at 7.45pm.
Last orders for the bar and beverages will be at 9.30pm
We would like to ask our guests for their support during this unprecedented time and ask that if you are able to, to postpone your reservation as opposed to cancellation. This provides safety and security for the future of our business and we thank all of you for choosing The Cove Restaurant and Bar.
Existing Gift vouchers
Any existing gift vouchers due to expiry between March-June 2020 are encouraged to contact the Cove direct to arrange for an extension to their voucher validity.
HYGIENE STATEMENT AND AMENDMENTS TO SERVICES
For the safety and security of both our guests and staff we have put in place additional health and safety procedures. These extend to personal hygiene of our staff, cleaning procedures within the restaurant, PPE, social distancing and the amendment of operations and services to meet social distancing guidelines whilst protecting other safety and security measures.
The below details are not exhaustive or fully inclusive but published to give guidance and set expectations for our guests prior to visiting The Cove Restaurant & Bar.
The below guidance and additional operational procedures will continue to be amended and reviewed in line with government policies, advice and guidance.
Policy for guest interaction (but not limited to) on site at The Cove Restaurant and Bar
Track and Trace:
All guests, visitors, contractors and staff will be required to sign in for track and trace.
- Any guest refusing for their details to be taken for this purpose will be refused entry inline with new legislation.
- On arrival to the restaurant, we will ask guests to register using a QR code as guided by the team and show the server their confirmation before order. The NHS App for track and trace will also be available as an alternative method of registration.
- A record will be available to the NHS of customers and visitors for a minimum of 21 days, and held in a secure GDPR environment.
- Social gatherings of more than six people will be illegal in England from Monday 14th September. Tables will be limited to six guests unless the party is from the same household. There are further details and exemptions found on the Government website however the rule does extend to all ages and both indoor and outdoor gatherings. Households including support bubbles bigger than six can socialise together however this will not extend to socializing with anyone else at the same time.
- Weddings are limited to 15 guests and further information on COVID secure weddings can be discussed directly with the team at the restaurant.
- All seating arrangements have been placed to meet the 1-metre government advice for social distancing. Where tables and chairs have not been removed, certain seating may be placed as ‘not in use’ to maintain distancing.
- Guests are required to wear face coverings throughout the restaurant unless when seated at their table.
- All restaurant bookings must be reserved in advance and are specifically staggered to ensure social distancing in the lounge and restaurant. This is also designed to help managed ques at the entrance of the restaurant.
- To help us maintain social distancing for our staff and operations, reservation times will be strictly observed to ensure social distancing can be up-held. Please therefore respect your reservation time.
- Certain elements of our service will be amended, for those guests returning these will be minor changes until further restrictions can be relaxed. These minor changes have been considered to reduce contact points between staff and guests. Some services such as water and wine will continue to be poured on your behalf to reduce cross contact from bottles. Should you prefer to pour this yourself please speak with a member of the team.
- We remind customers who are accompanied by children that they are responsible for supervising them at all times and should follow social distancing guidelines
- Social distancing between both our team and our team with customers will be observed where possible.
- Where social distancing is not possible, contact times will be limited.
- Screens are in place at both the host desk and bar
- Our team will be wearing face coverings throughout the premises
- Markings and posters are around the restaurant to remind customers to maintain social distancing (2m, or 1m with risk mitigation where 2m is not viable, is acceptable) between customers of different households or support bubbles.
- Where the social distancing guidelines cannot be followed in full in relation to a particular activity, mitigating actions will be taken to reduce the risk of transmission between our staff and customers. Mitigating actions include:
- Further increasing the frequency of hand washing and surface cleaning.
- Keeping the activity time involved as short as possible.
- Using screens or barriers to separate workers from each other and workers from customers at points of service.
- Using back-to-back or side-to-side (rather than face-to-face) whenever possible.
- Our menu proudly features the very best of Cornish produce served breakfast, lunch and dinner. During these uncertain times our menu will be under review regularly as we continue to work our local suppliers as they too get back to business. Please note the menu displayed on the website may not be representative of the offering available on the day of your visit. Our daily specials will be offered in the restaurant offering the fish of the day and a variety of other creations from our team in the kitchen.
- The tasting menu will only be available for orders made between 5pm-7.00pm due to the curfew restrictions. This menu will not be available for ordering past 7.00pm.
Guests travelling to and from the Cove Restaurant
- We advise guests to avoid public transport on travelling to the Cove Should public transport be unavoidable; we recommend following government guidelines for public transport.
Entering and moving around the building
- There will be a managed entrance for guests, a member of staff will greet you at the entrance to check the name of your reservation. Our team will select a clean and socially distanced seating arrangement for you first before welcoming you further into the restaurant
- On entry points at the restaurant a sanitizing station is available and guests are encouraged to use this on entry to the building.
- Clear signage will be provided to remind customers to maintain social distancing and hygiene such as hand washing and the use of sanitizing stations.
- There will be clear floor markers to help maintain social distancing.
- Where possible, the team will bring card machines to tables to reduce congestion at our service stations and reception desks.
- Disabled access and parking will not be disrupted and will remain accessible.
- Where 1-meter rule is not possible, please follow the floor guidance and allow for people passing before proceeding.
- Guests are required to wear face coverings throughout the restaurant unless when seated at their table.
The restaurant services
- Cutlery and napkins will be placed on the table ready for each reservation to reduce the setting of the table while unable to maintain social distancing.
- Guests will be seated at their table by our team to ensure that tables are managed within social distancing.
- Condiments, salt and pepper will be available on request from the customer. They will be sanitized after each use.
- Please refrain from using cash. We encourage contactless payment or card payments at all times
- Vacate the immediate space.
- Table service only will be available, no service will be available at the bar unless for the ordering of takeaway.
- Dinner reservations are available from 5.00pm
- The tasting menu will be available to tables until 7.00pm however guests will be unable to order this menu past 7.00pm due to the time taken at the table to enjoy this experience.
- Last orders for the restaurant will be at 8.00pm with last bookings taken at 7.45pm.
- We advise the guest to maintain social distancing when using the guest toilets and to wait outside the toilet should the handwashing area already be occupied.
Observation of safety measures
- There will be clear guidance on expected customer behaviour, social distancing and hygiene to people on or before arrival and this information is detailed on the website. Failure to observe safety measures will result in service not being provided. This information is displayed on posters throughout the restaurant. Those who are visually impaired can be assisted by a duty manager who will explain the guidelines.
- Police and the local authorities have the powers to enforce requirements in relation to social distancing and may instruct customers to disperse, leave an area, issue a fixed penalty notice or take further enforcement action.
- Guests should be prepared to remove face coverings safely if asked to do so by police officers and staff for the purposes of identification.
- Where visits to venues are required, for example, inbound supplier deliveries or safety critical visitors, guidance on social distancing and hygiene will be given on or before arrival.
Accidents, security and other incidents
In an emergency, for example, an accident, provision of first aid, fire or break-in, our teams will not comply with social distancing guidelines if it is deemed by that member of staff to be unsafe.
Staff involved in the provision of assistance to others will pay particular attention to sanitation measures immediately afterwards, including washing hands.
All staff members will be wearing face coverings throughout the restaurant. These will be changed at regular intervals as guided by official guidance.
Staff members will also be adhering to strict uniform and personal hygiene requirements when on restaurant premises.
Hygiene and cleaning
- Our staff will be following strict personal hygiene requirements and uniform requirements.
- Our public spaces and regular contact points will be cleaned regularly
- All cleaning throughout the restaurant both back of house and front of house will be considered in line with government guidelines, including but not limited to frequency, products and equipment.
A personal message from Michael Caines MBE Chef Owner
March 21st 2020
It is with determination and positivity that I write to announce the temporary closure of The Cove following this Friday’s announcement. At such a precarious moment in the history of mankind, all of us must do everything that we can in the collective struggle to defeat COVID-19. Our thoughts are with all who are suffering from the disease, with those who have lost loved ones, and above all with the amazing NHS staff and all care workers who are dedicating themselves to eradicating this terrible virus from our lives. They are real heroes and we salute them.
I have long been a champion of the Southwest and its fabulous larder, so it was the greatest pleasure to open The Cove, my first venture in Cornwall. The decision to close so soon after opening is terribly disappointing for us all. I am disappointed that we will not be able to welcome new and old guests who love this special place and I so appreciate the support you have already shown us. But now, for the safety of all of you, of our staff and employees, and of our larger community, it is the right time for us to be shutting our doors. Hopefully it will not be for too long.
Rest assured I am doing everything in my power to ensure that we support every single person who works for us, as well as to help guide them through this period of great uncertainty. We have only just begun our journey together. It is my hope and belief that when we eventually emerge from this dark time The Cove team will be remain intact, stronger than ever, and ready to commence serving you once more.
I believe in the power of hospitality as a force for good. British hospitality in all its many forms and wonderful variety will rise once more from the ashes of corona, of that I am certain. So, I am determined and positive and I want you to be too. Keep dreaming your dreams. They may be on pause now, but you can and will make them happen.
I look forward to seeing you in happier and brighter times,
Michael Caines, Chef Owner